Although I enjoy food from all over the world, the one I love the most is the one I grew up with, Chinese food. One of the most popular styles of Chinese cooking is the Sichuan food, where the food is as hot as its weather, and the most famous Sichuanese dish is Mapo Tofu.
- 3 garlic clove, chopped;
- 1 tsp ginger, minced;
- 1 tbsp spring onions, minced;
- 1 tbsp flour;
- 1 tbsp crush red dry chili;
- 2 tbsp doubanjiang;
- 1 tbsp chili oil;
- 350 g tofu;
- 100 g ground beef
How to make this:
- Cut the tofu into 1 inch / 2 cm cubes, boil a pot of water, cook the tofu for 5 min and carefully drain them
- Using a thin bottom frying pan, or a wok, heat up 2 tbsp of vegetable oil to high, and lightly fry the garlic, ginger and spring onions.
- Stir fry the ground pork, then add the doubanjiang & half of the chili oil and add a splash of water, stir it until the meat turns into a meat sauce.
- Add the tofu to the sauce, try not to move the tofu too much, instead, spoon over the sauce over the tofu
- Let it simmer and cook it over medium-low for 10 min.
- Serve it with some hot chili oil and chopped green onion