One of my favorite stores is IKEA, they have everything, furniture, cookware, stationery, and, most of all, the meatball. Seriously, after spending a whole afternoon walking around in a huge building filled with things with names that I can barely pronounce, a plate of tender, juicy meatballs are the perfect snack.
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1/2 sweet onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 3/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 1 1/2 tsp salt; pinch of cayenne
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 3 tbsp flour
- 3 1/4 cups beef broth
How to make this:
- Melt half the butter, cook the chopped onion until translucent. Pour them into a mixing bowl, mixing it with half of the heavy cream, eggs, and breadcrumbs.
- Add the black pepper, nutmeg, allspice, salt, and cayenne, then mixes the wet mixture into the meat, wrap it with some clear film and let it chill in the fridge for about 30 min.
- Melt the rest of the butter in a pan over medium heat, add the flours and make a roux. Add the rest of the cream and beef broth, cook it until the mixture simmers. Then turn down the heat to low and cook until the sauce thickens.
- Form the meat into 3 oz balls, using wet hands will make very smooth balls. Bake them in a 200C or 400F degrees oven for 20 min.
- Take the meatballs out, let it cook in the sauce for 2 min.
- Serve it with some mashed potatoes and loganberry sauce