First recipe of 2017! This delicious Nepali dumpling is a fun and easy recipe that you can make with your friends or families.
- 1 lb ground or minced lamb
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1/2 cup minced cilantro
- 3 tbsp minced ginger
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp salt
- 30 round dumpling wrappers (about 3 inches wide, you can make them fresh, but I have found a good recipe yet)
How to make this:
- Mix the minced lamb, onion, cilantro, ginger, oil, garlic, turmeric, salt, you can use any meat you want, chicken, pork, beef, just not anything that’s too lean, a little fat makes it tender and juicy.
- If you want to make it vegetarian, substitute the meat with crimini mushrooms with 1.3x the weight, mince them, then squeeze the water out with a cheesecloth
- Place about a generous tsp of fillings in the wrap, then “glue” the edge with some water, you can just squeeze form them, or do some different designs
- Steam the dumpling over boiling water for about 20 min, you can also boiling it in hot, salted water for 3 min
- If you made too much, you can keep them in the freeze (uncooked) for up to 2 month