If you love pasta, but don’t know what Scialatelli is, you are missing out. Scialatielli is a thick and wide pasta from the Amalfi coast, and it’s perfect with some fresh seafood and arranbiata (angry) sauce! Also, this recipe works for almost any type of thick/wide pasta, fettuccine or linguine will work just fine!
You’ll need: 1 1/2 lb of fresh (or 1 lb dried) wide pasta, 1/2 lb mussels; 1/2 lb clams; 1/2 lb shrimp; 3 tbsp olive oil; 1 small onion; 2 garlic cloves; 1 red chili; 1 12 oz tin crushed tomatoes (or the 2/3 lb fresh tomatoes); 1/2 cup white wine
How to make this:
- Finely mince the onion and garlic, seed the red chili and cut into thin slices, peel and devein the shrimp, brush the clams and mussels
- Heat a skillet with olive oil over a medium-high, then add the onion, garlic & chili and sauté for 3 minutes
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the tomatoes and white wine, cook until it simmers, then let it reduce for about 1o minutes. You can boil the pasta while the sauce is cooking
- Add in the clams first, cover with lid and let it cook for 4 min, then add the mussels, cover and cook for 2 min more, then add the shrimp and cook for another 3 min, follow this pattern so nothing will be over cooked
- Mix in the cooked pasta, sprinkle with some chopped parsley when serving